The Lakota Sports Organization is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization which seeks to serve the lives of the families of the Lakota School District and surrounding areas through youth athletic programs. Emphasis is placed on fair and balanced athletics programs promoting fundamental education of the individual sports while teaching sportsmanship in a team environment.
Facts about Lakota Sports Organization
- Over 5,000 children will participate in any of our nine sport seasons each year.
- Over 350 different teams in any given year.
- Over 750 coaches and volunteers helping with our programs.
- LSO offers Recreational Soccer through our affiliation with SAY Soccer in the spring and fall, a summer 3v3 program and two winter indoor programs.
- LSO runs the West Chester / Liberty Little League for Recreational Baseball in the spring and fall.
- LSO offers Recreational Fast-Pitch Softball through our affiliation with USSSA.
- LSO also offers Flag Football for boys and girls in the fall through an affiliation with NFL Flag.
- Owns over 25 acres of real estate including Walter J Long Park on Kyles Station Road and Yankee Fields on Dutchland Boulevard.
- Has an excellent partnership with Lakota Local Schools, Liberty Township and Royal Redeemer Church where LSO uses their land for practices and games.
- Lakota Sports Organization was formerly known as Liberty Sports Organization and was organized 1978.